 General / 35755
Re: Brickshelf L.L.C.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 22 Feb 2002 13:49:37 GMT

"Kevin Loch" <kloch@opnsys.com> wrote in message
news:Grx8Mr.vv@lugnet.com...
Before anyone gets too excited about this, no money changed hands in this
transaction.  This is a necessary part of the conversion from a "hobby" • site
to a commercial site.  While it would have been nice to run it as a hobby • site
forever, the immense trafic has made that impossible.  While this has been • in
progress for some time, it was accellerated by the fact that I lost my job
yesterday.

Sorry about the loss of your job Kevin.

Brickshelf must now support itself, as I am unable to.  Brickshelf
will soon be selling Brickshelf branded merchandise, as well as other • products
of interest to it's visitors.  It will also soon have banner ads (ugh),
although I will try to do that in a tasteful (yet effective) manner.

I would rather pay a subscription fee that have popup ads. If you must have
what about ones like on Geocities?

A related concequence is that the Instruction and Catalog scan library had • to
be taken offline.  This was necessary because the Company had not yet • received
permission from LEGO to use them on a commercial site, and to reduce • bandwidth
costs.  I sincerely hope that a workable business solution can be found • for
those two issues.

Oh no, Duane and I really love the instuction scans.
--
Nicole~