 General / 35750
Re: Brickshelf L.L.C.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 22 Feb 2002 11:36:38 GMT

This is like going back to the dark ages !
Your website is on my top5 list of websites. I stop by nearly every day to
see what great new MOCs people have build. Your webdesign and the
webinterface for uploading galleries are simply great. I hope LEGO reacts
quick and gives you the permission to continue the Instuction and Catalog
scan library.

In fact your work is excellent advertising for LEGO. For example: I ordered
the "Super Chief" at S@H because I saw it on brickshelf.com ! LEGO should
therefore:
a) Give you the permission to continue this excellent service
b) Give you all the webspace needed for ALL galleries
c) Give you a JOB !!! (and tons of LEGOs ;)

Anyway, good luck for finding a new job ! Also good luck as the Manager of
Brickshelf L.L.C. ! I´d gladly pay a monthly or anual fee for this great
site. Please let us know how we can support you.

->dö

In lugnet.general, Kevin Loch writes:
Before anyone gets too excited about this, no money changed hands in this
transaction.  This is a necessary part of the conversion from a "hobby" site
to a commercial site.  While it would have been nice to run it as a hobby site
forever, the immense trafic has made that impossible.  While this has been in
progress for some time, it was accellerated by the fact that I lost my job
yesterday.  Brickshelf must now support itself, as I am unable to.  Brickshelf
will soon be selling Brickshelf branded merchandise, as well as other products
of interest to it's visitors.  It will also soon have banner ads (ugh),
although I will try to do that in a tasteful (yet effective) manner.

A related concequence is that the Instruction and Catalog scan library had to
be taken offline.  This was necessary because the Company had not yet received
permission from LEGO to use them on a commercial site, and to reduce bandwidth
costs.  I sincerely hope that a workable business solution can be found for
those two issues.

Kevin M Loch
Manager,
Brickshelf L.L.C.