 Events / LEGO World / 45
Re: Brad's talk
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.legoworld, lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 22 Oct 2003 09:25:43 GMT

FYI: Telling from the pictures, the Swedish boxes are the same (both box and
type of pieces) as those at LEGO WORLD. Also, the boxes were specially printed
with full-color art.
So appearantly, this wasn't a singular opportunity, but it's a new marketing
concept of TLG and boxes may very well appear in severa countries and places
soon, I guess.

We have now "inventoried" three sets of these boxes and for the major part they
are the same. Some contain other elements though.

For instance, the two I have been digging in has plenty of both rats and frogs
while a third one, dug by Tore Eriksson, does not have neither frogs or rats but
owls.

Of the two boxes I've been digging in only one had 1 x 16 bricks (and it _had_
close to 100 of them :) ).

At least five stores spread out over Sweden has been reported to carry these
boxes so it's likely they will appear in other contries as well. Hope it
restocks with a different set of parts later, a hope that is not shared by my SO
- she found it rather boring to watch two grown (?) men digging in a cardboard
box for about an hour :)

According to a salesperson in one of the Swedish stores (loosly translated):

"All stores have access to the boxes, they (TLC) tests if this is a good way to
sell basic parts since a lot of people/customers ask for that."

He also says: "There are about 50 different bricks and colors."

I'm doing my part to show TLC that this is a good way to sell parts in Sweden :)

--
Best regards,
/Tobbe