 Events / LEGO World / 41
Re: Brad's talk
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.legoworld
Date:
Tue, 21 Oct 2003 11:45:13 GMT

I have some photos of when I and my friend Harri got nuts this past weekend at
such a store here (a two day event actually):
http://thetnt.no-ip.org/2003/07-12/031018%20L%F6sviktLEGO%20p%E5%20Barnens%20Hus/

Do note that the photos are on my home computer with a cheap ADSL hookup. I have
inventories of what I got in case anyone's curios.

I visited LegoWorld yesterday and also filled a bag at the Pick A Brick
in the InterToys shop inside LegoWorld. I managed to get 327 bricks,
including lots of 2x3 bricks and 2x8 plates (thus not only small parts),
in the bag. That only for 4.49 Euros makes it about 1.37 eurocents per
brick, not bad i think :-)

Not bad at all!

I got 1.359 bricks in seven bags, thats a lame 194 bricks per bag. Of course my
20 Panel Wall 3 x 4 x 6 DkGray, 10 Brick 8 x 8 and 47 Brick 1 x 16 DkGray did
lower the possibilities some :)

Today I found another store that has these hunt-a-brick boxes, they seem to be
all over Sweden, so I'm going in again. This time it's in walking distance from
my home so I don't have to make the 60 minute drive.

Our bags cost EUR 5,5 to 5,95 but it's still good prices for LEGO!

When filling them with misc. small bricks the bag seems to never get full. I put
the 20 Panel Walls into one bag, then it was "full", I then proceeded to put in
small parts and I got tired of the task before it was filled for real :)

/Tobbe