 Events / LEGO World / 42
Re: Brad's talk
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.legoworld, lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Tue, 21 Oct 2003 12:55:21 GMT

In lugnet.events.legoworld, Tim Courtney wrote:
In lugnet.events.legoworld, Larry Pieniazek wrote:

Q: Lar: Given that LEGOWORLD just snatched the record back (under a new, unified
rule set that is a bit more difficult to get good times under which must be used
for all future ISD record attempts) and given that will likely generate some
trash talking from the US on reclaiming the record, did you stash enough ISDs to
allow record attempts for quite a while?
A: Yes. Yes we did. That is the weirdest question I've ever gotten. (laugher)

Can someone please post these new rules to the public? Is there any central
place for info on each ISD timed build to date?

See Jake or Kate (i think) for official rules but the gist is this, I think
(corrections welcomed)

- one set of instructions only, the ones already in the box, no bringing in
multiple instruction copies or using a presplit copy
- the timer starts with you doing the first cut on the box seals, the box has to
be sealed.
- the instructions start out bound. If you want to break them up, that is fine
but it happens  after the clock is running
- 10 people exactly, no more no less, no substitutions mid stream
- no prebuilt subassemblies that are brought and traded in/out...
- parts sorting trays are OK, though. (I think)

(some of these things may not have been done in the past, just saying them)

The idea is to replicate the experience that someone might have in building it
themselves, they presumably do not have 10 instruction copies themselves before
they start.

Hope that helps.