 Events / LEGO World / 39
Re: Brad's talk
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.legoworld
Date:
Tue, 21 Oct 2003 06:57:36 GMT

In lugnet.events.legoworld, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
Here is a rough transcription from Brad's talk at LegoWorld 2003 on Saturday
evening. Sorry it took me a couple of days to get net access (we're dialed in
from the ldraw.org booth on the show floor at last... long story, the fast
connection did not materialise)...

Thanks!

Q: There are problems with the new wright fliyer., there are wing tension
issues. Kate knows about them... it is very fragile
A: it’s a fragile prototype too, so a fragile model… Kate: the comments have
been passed along. Right now that’s the production model we have. There have not
been enough complaints or returns to justify a recall of the product.

Hm, I was not aware of this at all. Still want one though.

Q: PickABrick… sometimes you have only right doors or only left wings… not
paired.
A: I will pass that on… I did not know that. I don’t go into stores for all my
LEGO, I do have my own sources, you know...

There have recently appeared cardboard boxes at Swedish toystores that are
filled with misc. bricks. You can dig through the box and fill 1 litre zip-lock
bags and pay by the bag. The same problem apears here too. Although the
pricepoint is great it's still frustrating to only find left parts and not
pairs.

I have some photos of when I and my friend Harri got nuts this past weekend at
such a store here (a two day event actually):
http://thetnt.no-ip.org/2003/07-12/031018%20L%F6sviktLEGO%20p%E5%20Barnens%20Hus/

Do note that the photos are on my home computer with a cheap ADSL hookup. I have
inventories of what I got in case anyone's curios.

--
Best regards,
/Tobbe