 Events / LEGO World / 40
Re: Brad's talk
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.legoworld
Date:
Tue, 21 Oct 2003 09:41:11 GMT

In lugnet.events.legoworld, Tobbe Arnesson wrote:
In lugnet.events.legoworld, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
Q: PickABrick… sometimes you have only right doors or only left wings… not
paired.
A: I will pass that on… I did not know that. I don’t go into stores for all my
LEGO, I do have my own sources, you know...

There have recently appeared cardboard boxes at Swedish toystores that are
filled with misc. bricks. You can dig through the box and fill 1 litre zip-lock
bags and pay by the bag. The same problem apears here too. Although the
pricepoint is great it's still frustrating to only find left parts and not
pairs.

I have some photos of when I and my friend Harri got nuts this past weekend at
such a store here (a two day event actually):
http://thetnt.no-ip.org/2003/07-12/031018%20L%F6sviktLEGO%20p%E5%20Barnens%20Hus/

Do note that the photos are on my home computer with a cheap ADSL hookup. I have
inventories of what I got in case anyone's curios.

I visited LegoWorld yesterday and also filled a bag at the Pick A Brick
in the InterToys shop inside LegoWorld. I managed to get 327 bricks,
including lots of 2x3 bricks and 2x8 plates (thus not only small parts),
in the bag. That only for 4.49 Euros makes it about 1.37 eurocents per
brick, not bad i think :-)

Niels