 Dear LEGO / 5327
Re: MegaBloks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.pirates
Date:
Fri, 19 Aug 2005 01:50:04 GMT

In lugnet.dear-lego, Chris Givan wrote:
In lugnet.dear-lego, Benjamin Ellermann wrote:
In lugnet.dear-lego, Richard Noeckel wrote:

snip

For me, the Viking line was a breath of fresh air.. but from what I heard it’s been held
back from N. America indefinitely?

According to Jake, Vikings will be available from Shop at Home in North America.
These sets just became available on many European SAH's and will probably be at
US SAH soon.  I do agree that not releasing the sets in NA is stupid because
kids here would like them.  Dino Attack will also be popular.  Its too bad
stores can't have both.

Ben

I'm not positive about this but I heard the other day that LEGO Viking Sets
could be found exclusively at Toy's R Us.... ah here it is

Eric Olsen:
Q:Why did LEGO wait till 2005 to make vikings?
A: scandinamvian humbleness... we did not think people would want it.. we were
wrong! the demand is overwhelming... especially medium sized sets. ... a little
girl I previeweed this told me.. there are no horns and no dragons, you know...
so we say "vikings or whate3ver it is..." even the retailers loved it when we
showed it in Feb. In the US it is exclusive with TRU, in the UK exclusive with
Woolworth...

That's from the Brickfest 2005 Keynotes

Heh.  Actually, they had a handout at BrickFest created especially for TRU
having Vikings in October.  It was a pretty cool ad with some neat graphics.  If
I was really cool, I'd post pics of it.  But I am not cool.  I am lame.

;o)

Vikings ROOL!!

-Lenny