 Dear LEGO / 5284
Re: MegaBloks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.pirates
Date:
Sun, 3 Jul 2005 16:50:21 GMT

I'll admit that Megabloks look really cool on the shelf.  But I have to question
a really cool looking Pirate ship or castle w/ dragon when there's only a
hundred pcs or so. I look at the boxes and see a LOT of juniorization.  And talk
about color problems!!  There's so many multi-hued pcs and graphics it's
somewhat overwhelming.

The Lego Vikings are certainly interesting, but their pushing it with the
strange "realistic" paint.  I'm very glad to see that the beasts are multi-pc
constructions rather than molds.

While the Megabloks Dragons are great to look at, I would much prefer Lego use
their new hinge pcs and design multi-pc constructions that actually need to be
built.

I respect you descision, but I have to question the logic behind it.  Megabloks
themes offer very little for building.  They make nice playsets, but when the
largest set in theme has about a hundred pcs, can it really be that much better?