 Color / 149
Re: The Knight Bus problem
Newsgroups:
lugnet.color
Date:
Thu, 13 May 2004 16:33:08 GMT

In lugnet.color, Thomas Main wrote:

   Anyway, I am not sure if I will write or call CA for anything anymore. My experiences with them have been a waste of time at best. Last year, I bought something at the LEGO Outlet that was missing parts and after calling CA I got the parts replaced, but at a price of $10 (it was a $20 set missing 7-8 pieces - damaged box). The set was widely available for $10 at the time and the only reason I paid CA for the parts versus buying it again elsewhere was that I felt guilty for keeping someone on the phone going through which parts were missing before they stated the cost. I would have felt bad for going through that and then saying, “well, I’ll just go to Wal*mart and buy another copy for that price.”

I don’t understand why they charged you for the missing parts. In the past, I’ve received missing parts for free. In fact, each time they’ve been quite apologetic about the situation. Is this a new policy? Or, does it have something to do with buying the set from LEGO Outlet?

Mark