 Color / 186
Re: The Knight Bus problem (and bley)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.color
Date:
Fri, 14 May 2004 05:36:32 GMT

In lugnet.color, Roy Gal wrote:
   In lugnet.color, Martin Bruun wrote:
   The Harry Potter Knight Bus

We would like to stress that the colour variance of the bricks for the bus is within our specified tolerances. We realize that many LEGO enthusiasts consider this bad quality, but to our core consumers, who for this set are boys and girls aged 7-12 the play experience is in focus. The fact that the colour variation does not play an important role to children is also reflected in the consumer feed back that our Consumer Service department has captured regarding the bus so far.

So, if the kids don;’t care so much about color variation, why the change to bley? How can such a “minor” color change test “positively” if kids don’t notice these things? I’m curious about these lines of reasoning. It seems some parts of the company believe one thing, and other parts, like the Design Lab, believe another.

Roy

Oh, indeed. It is quite possible that the Design Lab and the Quality Control group see things a bit differently. Wouldn’t it be funny if they all agreed all the time? As Jake mentioned, these are humans we are talking about. What makes you think they would all agree? Maybe you are just too used to us all agreeing here on Lugnet, thats got to be it. :)

In the grand scheme of things, I can see how one might consider this a “minor” variation. I don’t consider it that, but plenty of people here have said they barely notice.

-Alfred