 Color / 204
Re: The Knight Bus problem
Newsgroups:
lugnet.color
Date:
Fri, 14 May 2004 13:58:50 GMT

Martin Bruun wrote:
remember how technic was declared dead by many Afols just a few years
ago.

There are people which still believe the above is true. Everything below
is just my personal opinion so there is no reason to jump on me in these
sensitive times (hi larry ;) )

The last 'true' Technic set is the Barcode Truck (1997).
Then there are half-Technic sets as Turbo Command, Indy Racer, SuperCar
II, 4x4 Offroader and both F1s, which may be acceptable.
Everything from 2003 is just Znap2, incompatible with SYSTEM bricks
without the 'compatibility layer'.

Have you also noticed that from 2000, there was _no_ motorized Technic
set? It's three years. I wonder if they'll get back to Technic bricks or
are developing new kinds of studless motor housings. They've changed
pneumatics already (althought I'm missing the point why).

I don't know if (having this option) I'd buy 8455 Backhoe again.
Probably yes, given the number of the pneumatics inside. But the low
complexity (from the 'technical' point of view), its size (too small)
and its weakiness (you can't build firm frames using studless beams)
really disappointed me.

I'm going to vote by my wallet - all the money will go to old used
Technic stuff or non-technic stuff (Designer sets are great).

Oh my, thread hijack again...

--
Jindroush <jindroush@nospam.seznam.nospam.cz>
Remove both 'nospam's from the address to reply.