 Color / 134
Subject:
The Knight Bus problem
Newsgroups:
lugnet.color, lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 13 May 2004 00:55:13 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

So,

All this complaining about color problems, and here I am complaining about my shiny new Knight Bus with mismatched purple bricks. I figure Lego has good customer service, let me give them a call. Really, I am pretty sure Jake has mentioned that complaints to customer service go a long way, so I was gonna do just that. I had my list of 22 (yes 22) parts that were the wrong color. (Actually, there were some that were borderline, but I didn’t put them on my list. Sometimes they looked like they matched, and other times they didn’t.)

Anyway, so I call them, and the nice lady who answered understood my problem. She didn’t ask for my list of parts, but she did say that they had built the Knight Bus at Customer Service and noticed the same problem. She didn’t want to give me new parts, but she told me she would check with someone higher up, and see what the deal is with that set. They honestly didn’t know if it was a mistake or if it was supposed to be that way. She said they would call me back to update me.

The next day (today) they did call back! I was fairly amazed. I was sure I was going to have to call back after a week of waiting. Not because I mistrust Lego so much, as I have a general distruct of call centers. Anyway, I got the higher up person, who told me she had called Billund to find out the story. Here it is:

The pieces for the Knight Bus were made with ABS from two different suppliers. (I presume that any given piece had the same supplier, but between pieces might not--hence the variation.) She said the variation was only slight (I disagreed with her firmly there) and that while an adult might see it, a child might not (I again firmly disagreed). While I was not offered replacement parts, she did offer to process it as a return (I had bought it at a Lego retail store, I guess you can return those to S@H.)

But here is the big thing: I asked if they had had any other complaints about this. Apparently, I was the first one. I was quite surprised! With all the moaning and groaning on here, not one other person had complained?? (Ok, so this is in the U.S., so I guess I can only say no one else in North America complained, but still...)

Well, this is a call to action. If you are really concerned about Lego’s quality standards, and you own a mismatched Knight Bus, you should call Lego Cuastomer Service. Tell them you are really dissatisfied with the product. Tell them it doesn’t match thier catalog pictures. Maybe the company will get the picture.

Oh BTW, big Kudos for Lego Customer Service. They were very friendly, and even when I was disagreeing with their suggestions (“A bus might have color variations on the side.”) they were very helpful, and were honestly trying to resolve the problem. (Which they did, but I think what they did was a one-time thing only, so I won’t repeat it.) I really hope the Lego company understands just how important those people in Enfield really are. :)

Ok thats my story. I thought you would like to know.

-Alfred

Re: The Knight Bus problem
In lugnet.color, Alfred Speredelozzi wrote:
[...]

Thanks for the info and taking the time to post this. I put together mine yesterday night and I was very upset at the contrast of pieces. As for the story, I don’t really buy that considering that the same part is in 2 different shades.

I might have to see what Lego can do for me. However, I will only “trade my knight bus in” for one that is ok. If they can’t replace mine then I’ll make due with the messed up one that I have.

Ben M.

ps. Alfred, you saved me time from having to begin a senseless rant. Thanks for saving me time!!! :)

Re: The Knight Bus problem