 Color / 203
Re: Color Change background
Newsgroups:
lugnet.color
Date:
Fri, 14 May 2004 13:57:26 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote:
I disagree. I wonder if you are bound and determined to see the worst in
everything LEGO does.
No. My primary goal is still to help Lego. I still build MOCs, I still
go to exhibitions with them, although I abstain from recommending it as
a good toy based on the current actions of this company.
I would be happy if Lego could announce something - anything that would
be worth commenting in a positive way.

What *I* saw in that thread was the following information that Consumer Affairs
gathered and shared. • [a lot of seemingly positive insights]
That's not 'active disinterst', that's bending over backwards to improve things
for us that don't necessarily need improving for their target market. It's also
WAY more information than other toy vendors share and WAY WAY beyond what LEGO
is legally obligated to do.
Yes, from one point of view these things look promising, but my point is
that all these actions won't help those who own such a defective set,
and will be stuck with it (no, I don't have one, thanks to Lugnet).

Again, you may not agree with their opinion or their findings but your
characterisation of their actions and motives is, in my opinion, once again way
off base.
What exactly would you have them do? Recall the entire production run? I am not
seeing the justification for that at all.
Well, it boils down to the question: Is the Knight Bus as it is
currently sold (as they didn't even stop the sale!) a defective good?
If it is, it should be recalled, the purchasers should be refunded or
should get an improved version.
If it is not - as the Customer Support wants us to see it - all would be
well, and everybody should be happy.
I personally consider such a set defective, without the slightest doubt,
and I see the explanation of customer affairs as an attempt to get out
of this for free. Thats my opinion, and there is no need for you to
share it.

I am finding your posts increasingly tiresome (repetitive, wrong, and ill
spirited) at this point, and you are becoming my prime example of why an ignore
function for individual posters has merit beyond the scope of .debate.
Yes, I admit that I tend to let my anger run quite freely in the last
weeks. If I would care less about the very idea of the Lego system, this
propably won't happen. Nonetheless, if you have a look at my posts,
there is a lot of truth in them, and I pick on the important points more
often than not. Ill spirited? Well, yes, I could follow the masses, of
which most have surrendered to the idea of a New Lego with all the
mistakes I pointed out. Have a look at their posts: "I am sick of this
discussion, although I liked the old colours better" pops up quite
frequently.

I am sorry to say that but really, you're way out of line here, in my view.
A danish carpenter and toymaker once stated: "Only the best is good
enough". This test the Knight Bus and a lot of other things that
happened recently in this company won't pass (Yes, yes, the best is not
always affordable, etc, pp). This is what Lego was about, and what made
it the toy of the century. And this is what I liked and loved in tis
product, too. Thats what I stand up and fight for.

If that is out of line, well, then I should go.

Yours, Christian Treczoks