 Color / 190
Re: Color Change background
Newsgroups:
lugnet.color
Date:
Thu, 13 May 2004 20:18:09 GMT

Mr L F Braun wrote:
   But Christian overestimates the personal part of Jake in making
   this decision (which was, well, zero) and underestimates, I
   think, the sheer exertion he's going to in order to get some
   small space carved out in consideration of our numerically-small
   but vocal (and, I would argue, very important in the sense of
   being an ally in outreach and interest) group of enthusiasts.
I am well aware of the fact that Jake has no real influence on the way
most of this worked out. I have stated this several times, although his
"Good Thinking" and "I can't tell you details, but you will love this"
is really getting on my nerves. I would have appreciated his efforts if
he had brought anything new.

   Unfortunately, the Design Lab people may not have fully grasped
   that the shift in color is something very different from adding
   plastic-conserving divots inside the brick, or improving clutch
   points, but the explanation Jake gives sounds reasonable, if
   sad.
According to Jake, those people are that far off that they didn't even
understand that there is a difference between these kinds of changes - a
sign that they might have lost touch in a big way.

   So I'll go on record (again) as applauding Jake's efforts
   (the service packs, the bulk pack survey [sadly without the
   classic colors], asking for feedback, and this), even while
   I'm tsk-tsking the Company as a whole for not understanding
   the need to stick to the color wheel and not make everything
   clash.  I've stopped fulminating here, and instead have
   taken my efforts to written letters, which usually mean a lot
   more than words on the Internet when it comes to companies.
Good luck. Have a look at the tread about the knight bus colours to see
the active disinterest that Lego has into its customers problems. At
least, posting the anger on the net saves paper and stamps...

Yours, Christian