 Color / 207
Re: Color Change background
Newsgroups:
lugnet.color
Date:
Fri, 14 May 2004 16:05:08 GMT

In lugnet.color, Christian Treczoks wrote:
Reality check: What really newsworthy item did Jake bring?

- That the colour chaos was a reason to think about colours in general.
- That they started with the process four years ago.
- That they did not even waste a thought on the consequences out of
their ivory tower.

And that ther was good thinking - oh no, we had that already.

Yours, Christian

"what color is the sky on your planet?" was the first thing that came to mind
when I read the above.
When you read Jakes post realy, there are tons of newsworthy facts!
-there were way too much different colors,
-there were way too much different pieces (we call this juniorization: the use
of one specific (new) part where several normal parts would have worked too),
-there is a special team that is (now?) in charge of the two above,
-this special team noticed the first two points AND DECIDED TO DO SOMETHING
ABOUT IT,
-it took only three years TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT, and that's very fast for a
multinational corporation,
-they DID test their new colors before implementing these,
-they now know that perhaps they should have asked the adults (I use this word
loosely, considering what I have seen on Lugnet recently!) too,
-a large multinational company is admiting it made a mistake adn even goes as
far as to promise that it won't make the same mistake again,
-a large multinational company is giving us a look into its kitchen

When looking at the above points, I feel that TLC is giving us way more than we
deserve - especially when looking at the way that some of us have been behaving
in the forums lately.
Remember: TLC is making TOYS for CHILDREN - everything WE get out of it, is a
bonus.

/\/\ark "can we go back to building now?!" de Kock