 Color / 200
Re: Color Change background
Newsgroups:
lugnet.color
Date:
Fri, 14 May 2004 11:28:02 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.color, Christian Treczoks wrote:

   Good luck. Have a look at the tread about the knight bus colours to see the active disinterest that Lego has into its customers problems.

I disagree. I wonder if you are bound and determined to see the worst in everything LEGO does.

What *I* saw in that thread was the following information that Consumer Affairs gathered and shared.
  1. an admission that there is variance which can be seen in some lights.
  2. an explanantion of why the variance exists and a discussion of color tolerances
  3. information about studies of the target market (not US, remember!) indicating that the variance isn’t going to be noticed by target consumers
  4. acknowledgement that our standards are higher
  5. statement that the color tolerance variance has been tightened significantly (by at least 5x if I recall) for the next production run of that color.
That’s not ‘active disinterst’, that’s bending over backwards to improve things for us that don’t necessarily need improving for their target market. It’s also WAY more information than other toy vendors share and WAY WAY beyond what LEGO is legally obligated to do.

Again, you may not agree with their opinion or their findings but your characterisation of their actions and motives is, in my opinion, once again way off base.

What exactly would you have them do? Recall the entire production run? I am not seeing the justification for that at all.

I am finding your posts increasingly tiresome (repetitive, wrong, and ill spirited) at this point, and you are becoming my prime example of why an ignore function for individual posters has merit beyond the scope of .debate.

I am sorry to say that but really, you’re way out of line here, in my view.