 Color / 148
Re: Color Change background
Newsgroups:
lugnet.color
Date:
Thu, 13 May 2004 16:22:53 GMT

In lugnet.color, Christian Treczoks wrote:
Jake McKee wrote:

* Admitting that we made a mistake in our implementation
"Sorry, I dropped your baby".

Geez. That's a bit thick in my personal view.

(snipped a lot of stuff in the same vein)

Sorry, Jake, but it was really nothing really new in this post.

I failed to notice the promised "Good Thinking" - my error?

Yes, I think it *is* your error. You did "fail to notice"...

Jake *explained* why the Design Lab felt there was a strong need to change
things. You may not agree that it was a legitimate need to rationalise the
palette. That's fine. You might be right.

But to just *deny* that it was good thinking, and demand that people be fired...
That just doesn't strike me as useful. Spiteful maybe, but not useful.

I suspect that Jake spent some considerable internal political capital on our
behalf to get this level of detail and get it approved to be shared. These sorts
of vitriolic posts don't help him make the case upwards that it's WORTH sharing.

++Lar