 Castle / 16174
Re: The Village of Dahyart version 2.0
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 5 Mar 2003 02:16:49 GMT

In lugnet.announce.moc, Anthony Sava writes:
After reading the very helpful constructive criticism I recieved, and after
reviewing my recent village MOC, I decided to redesign it.  So... I did.

I've totally redesigned the layout of the city and added much more detail.
Such details include flowers (go figure), livestock, and even cobblestones.

So here it is again, for the first time, with much more gritty detail:

Ten years after it fell, the High Mage Greylen magically rebuilt the Tower of
Olyian to suit his own needs.  Not knowning it's true history, the people of
Ikros began calling the tower "Greylen's Tower," and the name stuck.  As
Greylen's power and popularity grew, people began flocking to his tower for
guidance and help.  Eventually, the small village of Dahyart, several miles
away, moved itself to sit along the path that lead up to Greylen's Tower to be
closer to Ikros' star wizard and to gain his protection.  It has now become
somewhat of a tourist trap, as the village is beginning to tailor itself to
meet the needs of those who travel so far to visit the High Mage.

Teaser wide shot:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/savatheaggie/village/newvillage/dahyart01.jpg

Teaser detail shot:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/savatheaggie/village/newvillage/dahyartdetail04.jpg

Gallery:

PLMKWYT

--Anthony
http://www.ozbricks.com/ikros
http://www.ozbricks.net/ikros/chaos.html

EXCELLENT!

Your first one was great but this one is fantastic.  The little details like
the livestock, the well and the offsetting of buildings really makes a huge
difference.  My favorite is the little blacksmith shop in the dtail shot.
My only problem seemed to be the buildings being so close to the tower.  The
pillars are overshadowed by the buildings and also it seems odd that the
wizard would let the folks build so close.  Maybe a 16 stud bufferzone to
seperate the sections, giving more emphasis to the tower, unless you
purposely put them so close for that reason of over development to
understate the actual power of the tower...  The new story seems like it
will be rather exciting though honestly i haven't finished your first epic.

-Nick
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/oranzinr