 Castle / 16226
Re: The Village of Dahyart version 2.0
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 12 Mar 2003 05:17:49 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Matt Hein writes:
In lugnet.announce.moc, Anthony Sava writes:

After reading the very helpful constructive
criticism I recieved, and after reviewing my
recent village MOC, I decided to redesign
it.  So... I did.

Alright! I waited until now to comment since
I figured somewhere along the line you would
eventually redesign this. Nice job!

Thanks
<snip the nice introduction story>

Okay, for the sake of levity, I'll just
review the overall picture.

The overlook view of the city looks
more spontaneous (giving me the
impression that the city wasn't
really divided up into borders, but
nicely scattered.) Excellent departure
from the typical upscale village
setup.

Thanks again

The only parts that stood out were the
yellow (stairs, I believe?) leading
up towards the tower and the tower
itself. To improvise the stairs, I
would try making them in this fashion

Since you are unfamiliar with my world and past works, I guess I'll have to
explain.  The original Tower of Olyian was a tower designed to help control the
six basic types of magic in my world: Wind, Water, Earth, Fire, Destruction and
Creation.  The tower was surrounded by six spires that each represented these
types of magic.  Just like the first, this second, redesigned tower also has
these six spires.  The yellow 'staircase' you saw was actually the spire of
wind, an attempt to depict a tornado or whirlwind in a very primitive, blocky
fashion.

The tower definitely looks imposing, although
I'm not sure how so large or a structure would
support itself on a base of pillars. Still, the
village looks great.

<<_Matt Hein_>>
Fellow lego enthusiast
O s p r e y

http://www.lugnet.com/people/members/~1112/

Well, since the Tower of Olyian and Greylen's Tower are both magically created
structures, I'm sure they would have no problem staying aloft, in spite of
their constructive media.

And thanks for the reply.

--Anthony