 Castle / 16167
Re: The Village of Dahyart version 2.0
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 3 Mar 2003 13:42:27 GMT

Wow Anthony! Talk about a step up.. this is really a great update to the
village.  The main street, with offset buildings and small "alley-ways".. this
really has that medieval look.  I was thinking the other day of doing a new
village, but I always have the problem of how to break up the ugly main road
aesthetic that pervades lego village building.. i think this is a solution!

the little 'alcoves' (where the buildings tend to face eachother rather than
the road) look like family home.. ie. grandpa builds the first house, and then
father builds another one next to it, but offset a little, and son does the
same, but on the other side etc etc.  This is the thing I love : 'large-scale
detail' .. a big design element (offseting the buildings) that suggests
something personal and detailed.  great.

question: how did you offset the buildings?

great stuff.. can't wait to read the chapter about Dahyart!
-Lenstu'u

Teaser wide shot:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/savatheaggie/village/newvillage/dahyart01.jpg

Teaser detail shot: