 Castle / 15919
Re: Provincial Village
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates
Date:
Wed, 5 Feb 2003 16:01:40 GMT

Bruce,
thanks again for the compliments, It’s hard waiting for those pictures to
clear the brickshelf censor isn’t it!  Those swords are definately wedged in
there, I'm gonna have to pull them out to avoid cutlass bendage as well.  I
agree about the color scheme, I'm not certain about what colors to use other
than black white and tan, I don't like the red at all, and it's hard to do
the framing in brown as there is a lack of brown 1x1 plates out there!
Anyways, shoot me your ideas, I'd love to hear them

In lugnet.castle, Bruce Hietbrink writes:
Jon,

I saw this when it went up but wanted to wait for your announcement to avoid
thunder-theft.  It was hard, though, because this MOC is so cool I could
hardly contain myself.  Outstanding design all around.  If this was a theme
from TLC I would buy multiples of each so that I could reconfigure them and
make a whole village.
More comments later, but just quick for now:
As a theme it might be nice to vary the color scheme a bit.  If all the
buildings are exactly the same colors it looks too much like a suburban
planned community.
On those marching soldiers, are the swords just wedged between their arms
and bodies, or did you use glue?  They look outstanding.

Anyway, I've got to go right now, but I'll spend more time drooling over the
details later.

Bruce