 Castle / 1532
Re: A village challenge and questions ...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 10 Jan 2000 16:16:22 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Mike Stanley writes:
On Mon, 10 Jan 2000 13:40:00 GMT, "John DiRienzo"
<ig88888888@stlnet.com> wrote:

such essential duties as a Blacksmith, fletcher, butcher, baker, carpenter,
hobbler, ferrier, etc.  These "professionals" would be granted land for • their
workshop and usually would dwell in the same building.

  OK, I got out the dictionary, and still don't know what some of the words
you used are.  What is ferrier?  Hobbler?

A ferrier is someone who maintains or operates a ferry - fairly
important work if your town is located near or on a river.

??  I've never heard this before.  I'm only familiar with 'ferryman' as a term.

A farrier is someone who shoes horses, though.

James
http://www.shades-of-night.com/lego/