 Castle / 1507

Subject:
A village challenge and questions ...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sun, 9 Jan 2000 17:28:08 GMT

Most of us here have explored many castle basic structures:

1)  Castles
2)  Taverns
3)  Churches
4)  etc...

For my next little project, I'm going to be working on a village - a very small
village which might have three houses and a square.  So my question comes - what
SHOULD a small village contain?  A town square?  And what should be there?

Should I use the wooden elements, or focus on tan?  Ideally, I will try to stay
away from gray and black - and most other colors ... This should be a dirty
little place where poor people live.  This is exactly the type of place that my
two young heroes will try to get away from - because life in this kind of place
is hell.  It's hell because this place has no future.

So here are my thoughts so far:

1)  I will focus on having tan and brown all over - with maybe black and a
little bit of gray - very little.  Dark gray is preferable.
2)  I will use tan baseplates - and maybe one of the road plates from Bandit's
Hideout.  Maybe two.

So my challege goes out for those of you with resources to design a house or two
that would meet these criteria.  For those that don't have resources, I would
like to have your opinion:  What should this place look like?  Maybe one of you
could help me with the layout.  I think I gave a pretty good idea of what I'm
looking for ... and now I need feedback because there are tons of creative guys
and gals out there, so I hoped for a collective effort on this ...

Thanks and I'm looking forward to hearing you ideas ...

-- pn

Re: A village challenge and questions ...