 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 2988
Re: L3P Warnings
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Wed, 7 Jul 2010 02:47:15 GMT

In lugnet.cad.ray, Dave Schuler wrote:

If you'd care to go back and read it again, I pointed out that you're curiously
willing to accept one batch of indecipherable gobbledygook that adds nothing but
some legal CYA and some largely irrelevant history, and you somehow insist that
its esoteric coding isn't confusing or off-putting.  Yet you're quick to condemn
inlined POV-Ray code which is invisible to the end-user, relatively simple to
learn, and which yields a greatly superior output image.

I'm intrigued - the only point in that last sentence that differentiates the
"indecipherable gobbledygook" from the inline POV is that the latter "yields a
greatly superior output image". It's certainly no less invisible to the
end-user, nor easier to learn.

So really the only difference I see between the two is that the former provides
useful information for authors & reviewers, and the latter provides useful
information for end-users. And I don't see why one person can't have a different
view on each, just as you do. So what's the point of the argument?

I'm sure the debate would be much more useful if we stuck to the merits of each,
rather than pointing fingers at each other.

BICBW.

ROSCO