 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 2956
Re: L3P Warnings
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Tue, 29 Jun 2010 16:16:26 GMT

In lugnet.cad.ray, Dave Schuler wrote:
<snip>
Again, I'm not saying that the LSC should allow inlined POV-Ray code in the
formal parts libary, but I can pretty much guarantee that I'll continue to use
it in the parts that *I* author because of the greatly superior results that it
allows.

Dave!

As far I understand it, the main reason the LSC don't want POV code in the parts
themselves is because of the 'pollution'. Because another person might want
blender code or maybe even something like opengl code (just some examples).

Imho this is a correct attitude, I don't see why it would be a problem to keep
the povray variant/improvements in separate (similar named) files (eg lgeo). So
tools can merge the data when needed.

Just my 2 cents.

Roland