 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 2978
Re: L3P Warnings
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Fri, 2 Jul 2010 14:32:49 GMT

In lugnet.cad.ray, Roland Melkert wrote:
It would be called 3001.pov and has the same information in it
as the 'else' portion of the current dat files

No, the IFPPOV-ELSEPOV-ENDPOV typically does not cover the whole file.

The main idea behind *inlining* POV code is that many parts only have
a small tricky/curvy section that would look better with POV code,
so only e.g. 5 % of the file should be replaced with dedicated POV code,
the remaining 95 % of the file will just be converted as normally.
With the POV code inlined you would still benefit from small
updates/corrections to the main part of the file.

Here is a compromise that facilitates POV substitution at file level:
We could put the curvy section (the 5% DAT commands in the else section)
into a subfile.
Similar to what we do with patterned parts
(or rather opposite, as the main portion here goes to the subfile).
/Lars