 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 2971
Re: L3P Warnings
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Thu, 1 Jul 2010 20:20:37 GMT

In lugnet.cad.ray, Don Heyse wrote:

I think I've got a solution for you and Dave.  Stop worrying about the
messages.  ;)  No, really.  The current version of L3P still does what
you want, right?  And I think we can safely predict that the next non-beta
version of L3P is highly unlikely to be released in our lifetimes.  And
even if it is, it'll probably still support the syntax, albeit with the
warnings.

But if all those warnings are really keeping you awake at night then maybe
you should consider making a wrapper program that does nothing but run L3P
in the background with all the scary messages stripped out.  Do it for Dave,
if not for yourself.  I mean, look at his posts.  He's already teetering on
the edge of sanity, probably from spending so much time with all those
evil clone bricks.  I'd bet he's even still running the original LEDIT
program on some ancient 386 he's got stashed in an attic somewhere.  That's
not allowed in the current specs either.  You gotta help him...

Question my sanity if you must, but I'll have you know that I haven't used a 386
since 2008.

I hadn't thought about the likelihood of a non-beta version being released, but
as long as it supports the old syntax, then I don't care what kind of error
messages it gives me.  I was simply worred that it would support the coding at
all.