 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 2968
Re: L3P Warnings
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Thu, 1 Jul 2010 16:14:49 GMT

In lugnet.cad.ray, Dave Schuler wrote:
<snip>
I'm not conversant with LGEO or the like; what would the filename format be for
these alternate parts?  That is, if a 2x4 brick is 3001.dat, what's the
equivalent name of the LGEO version?  I ask because I like sticking with the DAT
suffix, and using the official part names (3001) simply makes the most sense.

See also my reply on Tore Eriksson message. It would be called 3001.pov and has
the same information in it as the 'else' portion of the current dat files
(although without the leading 0's, it would be pure povray script).

<snip>
So perhaps you are hinting on maintainability or mixed single files (because
even subfiles would work ok using a mirror tree, aslong they use the same scale
and orientation (or are supplied with a transformation key).

Not sure I understand this part.  Are you suggesting that the inlined POV-Ray
code might be housed in a subfile?  I could see that working, actually, though
I'm not the person to generate the protocols to parse it.

I mean you could only put eg a \p\stud.pov in the mirror tree and the converter
tools would use the pov version for all studs in the scene when generating the
povray version of the scene.

Roland