 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 2964
Re: L3P Warnings
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Thu, 1 Jul 2010 07:58:40 GMT

--snip--

I tried LGEO some times, even though it was very long ago.
* I couldn't get it to work. (Parameters, I guess. Maybe missing include files?)
* I think it's discontinued = no more parts updates.
* It looks like quality overkill to me. I'm not after photorealistic images, but
I don't want facetted surfaces of minifig faces. Photorealism takes way too much
CPU power for my huge models.

LGEO was updated fairly recently (in the last two years anyway) so it's
definitely being updated sometimes.

The newer LDView releases also make POVray export very easy and you can add
parts you've made yourself simply by editing a file. I have a number of custom
POV parts that I include this way.

A matching file is a much more efficient way of utilising both libraries. If
someone improves a POVray object they can simply edit one line to include their
updated version rather than having to edit the original .DAT file.

Tim