 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 1037
Re: Can LDAO do this? (was: anyone interested in rendering for me?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Tue, 20 Nov 2001 22:49:04 GMT

Well... I know it's been a while...

Anyway, it seems that you guys picked up on it and now the answer is easy
'cause -sc "#if (clock > n)" has been added to L3PAO. Thank You, Thank You,
Thank You. However I'm having trouble with telling POV-Win to render all the
clock steps. I was trolling around last night and read it somewhere but now
I can't find it. Can anyone help?
SteveB

In lugnet.cad.ray, Fredrik Glöckner writes:
Fredrik Glöckner <fredrik.glockner@bio.uio.no> writes:

It is much more sane to use POV-Ray's animation system to do this
automatically.  That way, you could issue one POV-Ray command and render
all the instruction steps in one run, using only one POV-file.

I suppose some of you may want to try this out, so do something like
this with your POV-Ray file, as generated by L3P.  Identify the portion
of the file where the "0 STEP" lines are present and add #if and #end
statements like this:

   // [DAT lines in step 1]
   // 0 STEP
   #if (clock > 1)
   // [DAT lines in step 2]
   // 0 STEP
   #end
   #if (clock > 2)
   // [DAT lines in step 3]
   // 0 STEP
   #end
   #if (clock > 3)
   // [DAT lines in step 4]
   // 0 STEP
   #end
   :
   :

The instruction images can then be generated with POV-Ray's built in
animation capability

  povray +I lego.pov +O lego.png +W400 +H300 -J +KFI1 +KFF17 +KI1 +KF17

to render 17 steps, say.  The output images will be numbered lego01.png,
lego02.png, ..., lego17.png.

(These are UNIX style command line options.  I really have no idea what
this looks like in the Windows world.  Check the manual.)

Fredrik