 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 423
Re: Can LDAO do this? (was: anyone interested in rendering for me?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 12 Jul 2000 19:06:08 GMT

In lugnet.cad.ray, Fredrik Glöckner writes:
Sproaticus <jsproat@io.com> writes:
Sweet!  Since POV renderings take a while, and that you'd need a POV
for each step anyway, I'm wondering if all the L3P output could be
saved, e.g.  STEP0001.POV, STEP0002.POV, etc.
It is much more sane to use POV-Ray's animation system to do this
automatically.  That way, you could issue one POV-Ray command and render
all the instruction steps in one run, using only one POV-file.

Selective rendering of parts based upon the animation clock value or something
like that?  Cool, I didn't know POVRay could do that.  Is it a preprocessor
macro thingy, or something else?

I was thinking, however, more along the lines of being able to adjust the
camera angle for individual steps after POV generation but before rendering.
i.e. most of the steps' images would be viewed from the same angle, except for
those few which would need angle adjustment by hand in order to see those pesky
out-of-the-way pieces.

It's a simple matter of using the available "0 STEP" information in the
DAT files.  I can post the details here if anyone are interested.

Oh, yes, please!  :-,

Cheers,
- jsproat