 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 426
Re: Can LDAO do this? (was: anyone interested in rendering for me?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 12 Jul 2000 19:59:31 GMT

In lugnet.cad.ray, Fredrik Glöckner writes:
"Sproaticus" <jsproat@io.com> writes:
Selective rendering of parts based upon the animation clock value or
something like that?
Yeah, you got it!  I used the POV-Ray clock to make an animation a year
ago, so I learned a bit about it.  I'm sure you've all seen it before:
   http://www.math.uio.no/~fredrigl/space/

Yes indeed I have.  :-,

Cool, I didn't know POVRay could do that.  Is it a preprocessor
macro thingy, or something else?
It's the POV-Ray language, really.  It's actually quite powerful, albeit
a bit awkward to use.

Yeah, and the docs aren't the best, either.  Do you know of any decent
tutorials for the 3.1 language?  Online or book would be great, but all I've
seen is stuff for 3.0...

Cheers,
- jsproat