 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 427
Re: Can LDAO do this? (was: anyone interested in rendering for me?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 12 Jul 2000 20:03:15 GMT

In lugnet.cad.ray, Fredrik Glöckner writes:
   // [DAT lines in step 1]
   // 0 STEP
   #if (clock > 1)
   // [DAT lines in step 2]
   // 0 STEP
   #end
   #if (clock > 2)
   // [DAT lines in step 3]
   // 0 STEP
   #end
   #if (clock > 3)
   // [DAT lines in step 4]
   // 0 STEP
   #end
   :
   :

The main file for, say, SKETCH.DAT, shows up as a union block
named sketch_dot_dat.  I suppose that a post-l3p tool could just read in the
POV output file and parse this union and insert the clock-checking logic.  The
same tool could also spit out the command-line for POVRay with all the
animation parameters...  Hmmm, I smell a perl script in the making...

[Quoted from http://www.lugnet.com/cad/ray/?n=425 ]
It shouldn't be too difficult.  You can use L3P to generate additional
camera statements if you are unsure about them.  Give L3P the arguments
you want (the viewing angles) and cut out the relevant portion of the
POV-Ray file to include in appropriate #if and #end statements.

This part might actually be more difficult to automate without changing L3P.
Not to mention, it further confuses an already well-obfuscated camera block.
:-(

And Bob's your uncle!

Actually, Bob's my dad.  :-,

Cheers,