 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 422
Re: Can LDAO do this? (was: anyone interested in rendering for me?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 12 Jul 2000 18:58:57 GMT

Sproaticus <jsproat@io.com> writes:

Sweet!  Since POV renderings take a while, and that you'd need a POV
for each step anyway, I'm wondering if all the L3P output could be
saved, e.g.  STEP0001.POV, STEP0002.POV, etc.

It is much more sane to use POV-Ray's animation system to do this
automatically.  That way, you could issue one POV-Ray command and render
all the instruction steps in one run, using only one POV-file.

I have suggested this to Lars C Hassing, explaining in detail what needs
to be added to L3P, but it doesn't appear that he has implemented it.
It's a simple matter of using the available "0 STEP" information in the
DAT files.  I can post the details here if anyone are interested.

Fredrik