 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 420
Re: Can LDAO do this? (was: anyone interested in rendering for me?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 12 Jul 2000 16:18:24 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Sproaticus wrote:

STEVEBAR wrote:
Would anyone be willing to partner with me to create a small ray-traced
rendered instruction book? I'll even do the rendering if you just set up the
POV file... or whatever.

What would be better is if there were a utility to help automate POVRAY
rendering of MOC instruction books, kinda like what LDraw Add-On does for
LDLite instruction renderings.

Steve, do you know how much change LDAO would need in order to do this?

Actually, it shouldn't take much change to LDAO.

Just an additional loop to spit out a DAT file for each step, then use L3P
to translate it, and POV-Ray to render it.

Steve