 CAD / MLCad / 2333
Re: *** MLCad V3.30 ***
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Thu, 11 Feb 2010 17:24:17 GMT

In lugnet.cad.mlcad, Joshua Delahunty wrote:
Now that you mentioned this, Travis, I recall that we did hit this roadblock and
noticed that missing piece of the puzzle.  If I recall correctly, LDView code
was used as our reference on how to handle things.  When that appeared to have a
few puzzling questions, we went to some of the specs around (as I recall)
ldlite, and used the various approaches that seemed most in common to codify how
to handle colors.

LDView's blending code was originally written to handle LDLite's 0 COLOR syntax,
since that is what was originally used in LDConfig.ldr.  LDLite's syntax allows
for the dithering of two arbitrary colors, either or both of which can
themselves be transparent (although I'm not sure that was intentional).  So
LDView's blend code pays attention to the alpha value of both incoming colors.
This is unnecessary for the original LDraw.exe "dither" colors, and is also
unnecessary for 0 !COLOUR colors.

--Travis