 CAD / MLCad / 2325
2324  |  2326
Subject:
BTW, Dither What Colors...?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Wed, 10 Feb 2010 20:17:02 GMT

In lugnet.cad.mlcad, Michael Lachmann wrote:
"Travis Cobbs" <tcobbs@REMOVEgmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Because of this, I would strongly recommend using the old dither algorithm
for
the default color of all colors in the 256-511 color number region.
Entries in
LDConfig.ldr would then override these default colors.  Please note that
entries
in this region are designed to be similar to the original dither color.
The
color numbers were picked so that software that didn't support
LDConfig.ldr
would produce similar output.

So I will take over parts of the build in color table in the range of 256 to
511. During this step the programm
will convert these dittered colors into a single color which is than a
mixture of both colors.

I guess this is what we all would like to have.

Alternativly I can load the internal color table and just overwrite colors
defined in ldconfig.ldr

I'm open at this point ... however you like

   Michael

Hmm. "You may think this is easy, but wait 'til I've explained it to you!" (One
of my father's favourite standard joke.)

I don't know how much difference it will make, but current standard colors are
much better than the 16 original LDraw color palette. Most of the colors are
significantly darker, some are very different. The dithering was made with the
original palette, now should we use these or the new, improved colors as
components in the dithering?

/Tore
Chief LDraw Complicator