 Books / 245
Re: Blockheads: Regular People, Amazing Creations
Newsgroups:
lugnet.books
Date:
Thu, 13 Feb 2003 06:12:00 GMT

Todd,

If you ever happen to be in the San Francisco Bay Area while you're still
meeting people for the book, I'd love to be a part of it.  I and my
colllection will have a 5-minute spot on the Home & Garden channel on their
show "Ultimate Collectors" sometime in April.  I'll make an announcement to
the ng when I have an exact date.  My wife and I were both interviewed and
it will be interesting to see how I and my hobby are represented as opposed
to how it actually is!  The exposure will great, though.

I've often thought of attempting a small documentary about my local club
members (BAYLUG) and "Blockheads" was one of the possible titles I'd come up
with.  Great minds think alike!

David Simmons
xenbuzz@earthlink.net
--
"There is no end, no beginning.  There is only the infinite passion of
life."  -Federico Fellini

I look forward to meeting more people at BricksWest!  I leave for LA in • the
morning and will be staying some with Henry Lim and Ron Kittle.  If you're • in
town for the event and are interested in being a part of this book, by all
means please find me.  I'll be wandering around a lot with camera in hand.
If you live in the area and are interested, just help me get to your
place.

Q:  Where are the people from?
A:  Initially, Boston (where I live).  I'm starting to branch out to other
    cities in the United States.  After that I'll visit other countries
    including Australia, Germany, the Netherlands, the UK, and Japan.
    Scheduling is dependent upon airfares.