 Announcements / 1961
    Blockheads: Regular People, Amazing Creations —Todd Lehman
   I'm constantly amazed by all the great things people build with LEGO. Our eclectic hobby is a rich and expressive nexus of art, science, and humanity. I've often wished there were a simple way to share this amazement with people outside the hobby. (...) (21 years ago, 12-Feb-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.books, lugnet.publish.photography) !!

        Re: Blockheads: Regular People, Amazing Creations —Jon Palmer
     Wow. This is going to be amazing. Your pictures look even better than they did in Seattle, and that's saying a lot. I absolutely can't wait to see how this unfolds. This book is going to be an amazing boost to an already excellent LEGO community. [ (...) (21 years ago, 12-Feb-03, to lugnet.books)

        Re: Blockheads: Regular People, Amazing Creations —Jeremy Scott
     Hey Todd! Sounds awesome! Don't forget community fads (Spiffcraft, Pods, minis, etc) community projects (Moonbase, Medieval Market) and community slang (MOC, SNOT, BURP, etc)! Jeremy (21 years ago, 12-Feb-03, to lugnet.books)

         Re: Blockheads: Regular People, Amazing Creations —Todd Lehman
     (...) ABSolutely! I can't wait to take more photos of pods. I want to explain the whole theory behind pods and how the whole thing evolved. I think I took enough Moonbase photos to fill a truck. But it never hurts to take more. (...) I was planning (...) (21 years ago, 12-Feb-03, to lugnet.books)

        Re: Blockheads: Regular People, Amazing Creations —Aaron West
     (...) WOW!! Oh, I love this! You know, this project is better than pre-sliced bread!! Being on the inside and having the exposure and experience that you do Todd, this should make for a must have in the same line as all the official sets we consider (...) (21 years ago, 12-Feb-03, to lugnet.books)

        Re: Blockheads: Regular People, Amazing Creations —Tobbe Arnesson
     Way cool! I'd love to have paper printed high quality photos of AFOL creations and people! (...) I don't know about US but here in Sweden photos of people in the background is OK, but as soon as they become one of the main things in the photo you (...) (21 years ago, 12-Feb-03, to lugnet.books)

        Re: Blockheads: Regular People, Amazing Creations —Mark Neumann
     Todd, this is a fantastic undertaking, If I can put in my two bricks worth, I like these two titles, depending on the feel of the publication, light hearted or more serious, respectively: (...) The Photography is fantastic, Sign me up for a copy. If (...) (21 years ago, 12-Feb-03, to lugnet.books)

        Re: Blockheads: Regular People, Amazing Creations —Bryan Kinkel
     Todd, This is a great idea and I wish you the best of luck on the project. Bryan Kinkel "Todd Lehman" <tsl@tsl.bu.edu> wrote in message news:HA6ADL.JD1@lugnet.com... (...) humanity. (...) Harshbarger's (...) (21 years ago, 12-Feb-03, to lugnet.books)

        Re: Blockheads: Regular People, Amazing Creations —Lindsay Frederick Braun
     (...) < </excerpt> I'm so happy to see this announcement! As you already know, I have absolutely zero doubt that this project will be a stunning success. Your sense of photographic esthetic is remarkable, and it's no coincidence that most of the (...) (21 years ago, 12-Feb-03, to lugnet.books)

        Re: Blockheads: Regular People, Amazing Creations —Ed Jones
     (...) Incredible!!! Looking forward to buying it! (21 years ago, 12-Feb-03, to lugnet.books)

        Re: Blockheads: Regular People, Amazing Creations —Tim David
     I look foward to this book, however I have one concern that the photographs may end up being very US centred. While my gut feeling is that probably about half the AFOLs (not that it is just about AFOLS) are based in the US there are many other (...) (21 years ago, 12-Feb-03, to lugnet.books)

         Re: Blockheads: Regular People, Amazing Creations —Todd Lehman
     (...) I'm planning to travel to places like Australia, Germany, the Netherlands, the UK, and Japan. In Northern Europe, probably Sweden and Denmark and Finland as well. Depends on airfares and fests and things. After I get back from BricksWest I'll (...) (21 years ago, 12-Feb-03, to lugnet.books)

         Re: Blockheads: Regular People, Amazing Creations —Matthew Miller
     (...) I'm sure Todd won't mind if people in other countries want to pay for him to come visit. :) (21 years ago, 13-Feb-03, to lugnet.books)

        Re: Blockheads: Regular People, Amazing Creations —Frank Filz
     (...) Cool! Frank (21 years ago, 12-Feb-03, to lugnet.books)

        Re: Blockheads: Regular People, Amazing Creations —Sheree Rosenkrantz
     What wonderful news! tia, sheree (21 years ago, 12-Feb-03, to lugnet.books)

        Re: Blockheads: Regular People, Amazing Creations —Stuart Immonen
     (...) Todd, this is just great-- I'm doubly disappointed to be missing BW this year, as I'd just like to shake hands and say "well done." I'll certainly be in line to purchase the finished product; the photos showcased thus far indicate high (...) (21 years ago, 12-Feb-03, to lugnet.books)

         Re: Blockheads: Regular People, Amazing Creations —Todd Lehman
     (...) Oh absolutely yes! Most certainly!! --Todd (21 years ago, 12-Feb-03, to lugnet.books)

        Re: Blockheads: Regular People, Amazing Creations —John Henry Kruer
     This looks like a great idea. But I have a few questions regarding this. Do you plan to make a profit from this? It seems like this will take a lot of money and time to complete. Is it neccesary to do a live interview? I mean, some of us might be in (...) (21 years ago, 12-Feb-03, to lugnet.books)

         Re: Blockheads: Regular People, Amazing Creations —Todd Lehman
     (...) I hope to at least make back what I put into it, sure. (...) No, but it's a lot better than over the telephone or e-mail. I have 4 hours of audio tapes (I don't have a phonographic memory) from meeting with Sun Yun last week. We mostly just (...) (21 years ago, 12-Feb-03, to lugnet.books)

        Re: Blockheads: Regular People, Amazing Creations —Chris Leach
     (...) Todd this book sounds great! I look forward to buying this book.I am humbled by the builders out there.I am but just a simple builder and can't wait to see all those great creations out there all in one place.Chris Leach MichLTC (21 years ago, 12-Feb-03, to lugnet.books)

        Re: Blockheads: Regular People, Amazing Creations —Manfred Moolhuysen
     Hello Todd, When you're planning to visit The Netherlands, please contact me. I live in Amsterdam, 45 minutes from Schiphol Airport. I'm a collector of custom sets, and I would like to help you contact active and interesting members of our (...) (21 years ago, 12-Feb-03, to lugnet.books)

        Re: Blockheads: Regular People, Amazing Creations —John P. Henderson
     (...) <snip> Of the suggested titles so far, I like this one best. This sounds like a very ambitious project, and if you do plan on travelling all over the world for it, I must say I will be very impressed if such a book really could be on the store (...) (21 years ago, 12-Feb-03, to lugnet.books)

        Re: Blockheads: Regular People, Amazing Creations —Alan Findlay
     (...) Todd, Of the selections above, I like the first one best. I think it does the best job of highlighting both the people and their creations. There's more of a "human interest" element to the title. My two cents :) One variation on it for your (...) (21 years ago, 13-Feb-03, to lugnet.books)

        Re: Blockheads: Regular People, Amazing Creations —Tony Alexander
     Todd, I wish you much good fortune and strength in the publication of this book. What a great idea!! I'll definitely be counting myself among those eagerly awaiting your work, and look forward to the day when I can hold it in my hands and while away (...) (21 years ago, 13-Feb-03, to lugnet.books)

        Re: Blockheads: Regular People, Amazing Creations —Tony Ksiazak
     Todd, First of all, best of luck! This is a fantastic idea, i truely hope you can pull it off. I'll count myself as someone who will buy this book when it comes out. I myself am an amatuer photographer, who is just starting to take the steps to sell (...) (21 years ago, 13-Feb-03, to lugnet.books)

        Re: Blockheads: Regular People, Amazing Creations —Allan Bedford
     (...) This is something that is important to parents of LEGO building kids, potential adult fans of LEGO, and to just about anyone else who gets a kick out of saying, "wow, that's cool." I don't often point friends at the LEGO.com site to show them (...) (21 years ago, 13-Feb-03, to lugnet.books)

         Re: Blockheads: Regular People, Amazing Creations —William R. Ward
     (...) You're kidding, right? You've never heard someone called a "blockhead"? I think it's an insult popularized by Peanuts (the Charlie Brown TV movies, in particular). --Bill. (21 years ago, 24-Feb-03, to lugnet.books)

        Re: Blockheads: Regular People, Amazing Creations —David Simmons
     Todd, If you ever happen to be in the San Francisco Bay Area while you're still meeting people for the book, I'd love to be a part of it. I and my colllection will have a 5-minute spot on the Home & Garden channel on their show "Ultimate Collectors" (...) (21 years ago, 13-Feb-03, to lugnet.books)

         Re: Blockheads: Regular People, Amazing Creations —Tobbe Arnesson
     <<snipp>> (...) Peronsally I associate blocks with a non-leading brand that shall remain nameless and bricks with TLC. It might be just me and the fact English is not my native tounge. Best regards, /Tobbe (URL) SPAM when e-mailing) (21 years ago, 14-Feb-03, to lugnet.books)

        Re: Blockheads: Regular People, Amazing Creations —Tommy Rainwater
     (...) WOW!!!! Do you want my credit card info right now or should I go ahead and mail you a check????? This is really exciting news Todd, and I can't think of anyone better than the co-founder of LUGnet to tell this story! Your photographs are (...) (21 years ago, 13-Feb-03, to lugnet.books)

        Re: Blockheads: Regular People, Amazing Creations —Ross Crawford
     (...) I like this last one more than the rest, but others have come up with more good suggestions too. Hope you can make it to Aus sometime - it'd be great to finally meet you! ROSCO (21 years ago, 14-Feb-03, to lugnet.books)

        Re: Blockheads: Regular People, Amazing Creations —Nicolas D'Angelo
     Hi Todd, The idea of a book like this sounds very, very good and interesting. I just learnt about your project while browsing through the pages of Lugnet and saw that you live in Boston. I'm from Argentina but live in Boston too, I'm an architect (...) (20 years ago, 22-Feb-04, to lugnet.books)

        Re: Blockheads: Regular People, Amazing Creations —Tim David
   So, any news? (17 years ago, 12-Nov-07, to lugnet.books)