 Books / 221
Re: Blockheads: Regular People, Amazing Creations
Newsgroups:
lugnet.books
Date:
Wed, 12 Feb 2003 05:34:55 GMT

In lugnet.books, Jeremy Scott writes:
Hey Todd!

Sounds awesome!

Don't forget community fads (Spiffcraft, Pods, minis, etc) community
projects (Moonbase, Medieval Market)

ABSolutely!

I can't wait to take more photos of pods.  I want to explain the whole
theory behind pods and how the whole thing evolved.

I think I took enough Moonbase photos to fill a truck.  But it never hurts
to take more.

and community slang (MOC, SNOT, BURP, etc)!

I was planning on mentioning a few of these as long as they help explain
things, but not drawing attention to them.  It's a book targeted toward the
general public and I have to restrain myself from the temptation to get too
esoteric.  But we'll see.

BTW, someone else is actually writing a book about the community from a
phenomenological standpoint...that book would be a perfect place to trace
these sorts of words back to their origins in RTL, etc.

--Todd