 Administrative / General / 8145
  Re: My Stance

(...) I'm sure the phrase "new member" must means different things to different people -- perhaps two weeks to one person, two months to another, or even two years to another. In any case, for the record, Matthew's first post here was on April 9, (...) (24 years ago, 22-Oct-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: My Stance

(...) Agreed. I went and looked using the search function. I may have missed some but I found a number of posts from Matthew going quite a ways back. Some were hyperbolic, but none (that I found, but I may have missed some) were vitriolic. Nothing (...) (24 years ago, 22-Oct-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: My Stance

(...) D'oh. I don't know where I got the impression that he was fairly new (to posting, at least, because there's no way to tell how long someone's been lurking). That does color things slightly- after all, it means he's been here long enough to (...) (24 years ago, 22-Oct-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: My Stance

(...) <snip? (...) OK quick question(1). Now I don't think many/any of us know much of Matthew other than he has some personal issues to work out and that he likes to cause havoc. So here's the question. Assume that Matthew is say 14 and he is (...) (24 years ago, 22-Oct-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: My Stance

(...) It's very difficult -- and I'm not even going to try -- to sum everything up in a nice simple pat statement (not that you're asking for one), since, to various extents, I agree with almost everything that everyone here has said. My opinions (...) (24 years ago, 23-Oct-00, to lugnet.admin.general) !

  Re: My Stance

(...) Me too. (...) Not sure why he needs to be very careful, since the decision years from now whether or not to banish someone else will still be Todd's decision to make, not mine or yours or anyone else's (unless Todd decides to make it someone (...) (24 years ago, 23-Oct-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: My Stance

(...) I think Eric meant it as wise advice. --Todd (24 years ago, 23-Oct-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: My Stance

(...) I agree. However... I think that there were people who felt that way initially, but that many, if not all, have come around to reject that view. And that's a good thing. For the few remaining, can you identify yourselves and post reasons why (...) (24 years ago, 23-Oct-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: My Stance

(...) I just wanted to add that I agree with Eric J. once again. I know I and a few others were playing a bit of devils advocate durring this discussion. Thats mostly because I thought several peoples reasoning for banishment were misguided. There (...) (24 years ago, 23-Oct-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: My Stance

(...) Actually I'm not including myself to that a few remaining, but in case of any doubt, here is my reasoning, in which I tried to word it as much clear as possible: (URL) there is any flaws, replies would be really appreciated. Selçuk (24 years ago, 23-Oct-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: My Stance

(...) Wow, what a loaded question, especially given what seems(ed) like a reverse- witch-hunt. I'd like to state first that I realized Friday that I got WAY too worked up about this and posted some things that were, in some cases, petty and (...) (24 years ago, 23-Oct-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: My Stance

(...) So would I. No one ever said you couldn't choose who to like and who not to like. (...) Actually, if I felt that way, yeah, I would be ashamed of myself. (...) Just because he may have been here on Lugnet doesn't mean you *must* associate with (...) (24 years ago, 23-Oct-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: My Stance

(...) And/or perhaps in some cases overstated. Or overly stressed. (...) I sent Todd a few private e-mails on this subject (most of which dealt pretty specifically with apologizing for blowing my top and asking him to remove my emotionally charged (...) (24 years ago, 23-Oct-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: My Stance

(...) strongly (...) to (...) Well it wasn't *intended* as a witch hunt. More of a rhetorical question, because i'm not sure there *are* any people who still feel that someone should be tossed soley for opinions. <snip Mike's eloquent distinction (...) (24 years ago, 23-Oct-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: My Stance

(...) People seem to be suggesting, though, that one should not choose to voice that opinion. If person A can voice an opinion that persons B, C, and D find offensive (and to be honest - persons E, F, and G couldn't care less about) I'd say B, C, or (...) (24 years ago, 23-Oct-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: My Stance

In lugnet.admin.general, Mike Stanley writes: <snip> (...) That statement I would not take as being a threat but like I said I don't know what people said to Todd privately and I assume there were many people writing Todd privately about the topic (...) (24 years ago, 23-Oct-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: My Stance

(...) So would I. Of course, discussing it would imply the person with the negative opinion was around to discuss it. :D I'm really not saying that you should be forced to agree in any way with anything anyone says, or that you should not have the (...) (24 years ago, 23-Oct-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: My Stance

(...) I think you may have misunderstood why I mentioned your member number (note I didn't mention mine). I also don't think your number should necessarily indicate you have some sort of status or "power" here. I referenced it simply because I (...) (24 years ago, 23-Oct-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: My Stance

(...) Which is a succinct way of saying that he was basically a jerk. :) (24 years ago, 23-Oct-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: My Stance

(...) One person said that, but I'm not sure how serious they were. A couple of other people hinted at it. Two or three people (I think two) said that they would set up a killfile. (...) I don't think they meant it as a threat. I certainly didn't (...) (24 years ago, 23-Oct-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: My Stance

(...) As did I...I think a day or two earlier. I didn't remove all my posts but two or three that were particularly sour. It's interesting how quickly we (humans) can blow up, even when we don't want to. That's probably what I dislike most about (...) (24 years ago, 23-Oct-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: My Stance

(...) G'day Eric, I find it interesting that you call this elitist. In a way I guess I can see your point, but I personally don't see it as a bad thing. When I first got on LUGNET (start of this year) I thought that all people posting to LUGNET had (...) (24 years ago, 24-Oct-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: My Stance

(...) #15?.. Heh!..:-) Selçuk, #4 (...) (24 years ago, 25-Oct-00, to lugnet.admin.general)