 Administrative / General / 8148
Re: My Stance
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sun, 22 Oct 2000 23:51:03 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Eric Joslin writes:

He is a new member,

I'm sure the phrase "new member" must means different things to different
people -- perhaps two weeks to one person, two months to another, or even two
years to another.  In any case, for the record, Matthew's first post here was
on April 9, 2000 -- some 6 1/2 months ago.  Not that it has any bearing on
what happened (IMHO).

D'oh.  I don't know where I got the impression that he was fairly new (to
posting, at least, because there's no way to tell how long someone's been
lurking).

That does color things slightly- after all, it means he's been here long enough
to know what kind of behaviour is deemed appropriate, and what kind isn't, and
on the other, it means that he's not a new member, so every post he makes isn't
going to have some ulterior motive.

I'm not sure if that changes how I feel, but frankly I'm just kind of tired of
the whole situation.  I've said before, I won't be upset if he stays and I
won't be upset if he goes.  He did, in my opinion, violate the spirit of the
T&C, and that makes it up to you what to do with him.

The only thing that got me really riled in the whole situation is people's
obsession with making his *viewpoints* a reason to ToSs him, which I strongly
disagree about.

eric