 Administrative / General / 8149
Re: My Stance
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sun, 22 Oct 2000 23:53:57 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Todd Lehman writes: • <snip?
Not that it has any bearing on
what happened (IMHO).

Actually it does, I think. If you've been around a while there is no longer
the "well I'm new and didn't know how things work" excuse. Not that it is a
valid one even for the most rank newcomer, because the posting setup screen
requires you to verify that you have read the ToS.

OK quick question(1).

Now I don't think many/any of us know much of Matthew other than he has some
personal issues to work out and that he likes to cause havoc.  So here's the
question.

Assume that Matthew is say 14 and he is banned "for Life".  That would make
hime young and probably pretty immature.  What if say 4-6 years down the road
he wants reinstatement because he has trully "seen the error of his ways".
Will there be a mechanism for that?(2)

Also say Matthew is 30 but receives counceling and decides to change his ways
what then?

Eric Kingsley

1. In my experiance there is no such thing as a quick question ;-).

2. I have accepted the fact that Matthew is going to be banned and I am OK with
that.  I just want to make sure everything has been thought through first.
This is a precedent setting move and I think you (Todd) need to be very careful
in the way you handle the issue because people will refer back to this
discussion for years to come as other situations arrise.