 Administrative / General / 8146
Re: My Stance
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sun, 22 Oct 2000 23:06:44 GMT

I'm sure the phrase "new member" must means different things to different
people -- perhaps two weeks to one person, two months to another, or even two
years to another.  In any case, for the record, Matthew's first post here was
on April 9, 2000 -- some 6 1/2 months ago.

Agreed. I went and looked using the search function. I may have missed some
but I found a number of posts from Matthew going quite a ways back. Some were
hyperbolic, but none (that I found, but I may have missed some) were
vitriolic. Nothing wrong with hyperbole, mind you.

Not that it has any bearing on
what happened (IMHO).

Actually it does, I think. If you've been around a while there is no longer
the "well I'm new and didn't know how things work" excuse. Not that it is a
valid one even for the most rank newcomer, because the posting setup screen
requires you to verify that you have read the ToS.

So, OK, it doesn't have any bearing.

++Lar