 Administrative / General / 8145
Re: My Stance
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sun, 22 Oct 2000 22:23:54 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Eric Joslin writes:
In lugnet.admin.general, John Robert-Blaze Kanehl writes:
Would you give cancer or a terrorist a second chance?

First of all, I'm not 100% sure the term "second chance" applies.  After
all, he is a new member.  We're not talking about "fool me once, shame on
you, fool me twice, shame on me" here.  I'm also not suggesting that *every*
time he acts up Lugnet should be forgiving.  He is a new member, he is used
to The Ways of Usenet (which are *not even close* to The Ways of Lugnet) and
I am willing to believe him when he says he sees the difference and wants to
participate in Lugnet.

I'm sure the phrase "new member" must means different things to different
people -- perhaps two weeks to one person, two months to another, or even two
years to another.  In any case, for the record, Matthew's first post here was
on April 9, 2000 -- some 6 1/2 months ago.  Not that it has any bearing on
what happened (IMHO).

--Todd