 Administrative / General / 8148
  Re: My Stance

(...) D'oh. I don't know where I got the impression that he was fairly new (to posting, at least, because there's no way to tell how long someone's been lurking). That does color things slightly- after all, it means he's been here long enough to (...) (24 years ago, 22-Oct-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: My Stance

(...) I agree. However... I think that there were people who felt that way initially, but that many, if not all, have come around to reject that view. And that's a good thing. For the few remaining, can you identify yourselves and post reasons why (...) (24 years ago, 23-Oct-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: My Stance

(...) I just wanted to add that I agree with Eric J. once again. I know I and a few others were playing a bit of devils advocate durring this discussion. Thats mostly because I thought several peoples reasoning for banishment were misguided. There (...) (24 years ago, 23-Oct-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: My Stance

(...) Actually I'm not including myself to that a few remaining, but in case of any doubt, here is my reasoning, in which I tried to word it as much clear as possible: (URL) there is any flaws, replies would be really appreciated. Selçuk (24 years ago, 23-Oct-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: My Stance

(...) Wow, what a loaded question, especially given what seems(ed) like a reverse- witch-hunt. I'd like to state first that I realized Friday that I got WAY too worked up about this and posted some things that were, in some cases, petty and (...) (24 years ago, 23-Oct-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: My Stance

(...) So would I. No one ever said you couldn't choose who to like and who not to like. (...) Actually, if I felt that way, yeah, I would be ashamed of myself. (...) Just because he may have been here on Lugnet doesn't mean you *must* associate with (...) (24 years ago, 23-Oct-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: My Stance

(...) And/or perhaps in some cases overstated. Or overly stressed. (...) I sent Todd a few private e-mails on this subject (most of which dealt pretty specifically with apologizing for blowing my top and asking him to remove my emotionally charged (...) (24 years ago, 23-Oct-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: My Stance

(...) strongly (...) to (...) Well it wasn't *intended* as a witch hunt. More of a rhetorical question, because i'm not sure there *are* any people who still feel that someone should be tossed soley for opinions. <snip Mike's eloquent distinction (...) (24 years ago, 23-Oct-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: My Stance

(...) People seem to be suggesting, though, that one should not choose to voice that opinion. If person A can voice an opinion that persons B, C, and D find offensive (and to be honest - persons E, F, and G couldn't care less about) I'd say B, C, or (...) (24 years ago, 23-Oct-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: My Stance

In lugnet.admin.general, Mike Stanley writes: <snip> (...) That statement I would not take as being a threat but like I said I don't know what people said to Todd privately and I assume there were many people writing Todd privately about the topic (...) (24 years ago, 23-Oct-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: My Stance

(...) So would I. Of course, discussing it would imply the person with the negative opinion was around to discuss it. :D I'm really not saying that you should be forced to agree in any way with anything anyone says, or that you should not have the (...) (24 years ago, 23-Oct-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: My Stance

(...) I think you may have misunderstood why I mentioned your member number (note I didn't mention mine). I also don't think your number should necessarily indicate you have some sort of status or "power" here. I referenced it simply because I (...) (24 years ago, 23-Oct-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: My Stance

(...) Which is a succinct way of saying that he was basically a jerk. :) (24 years ago, 23-Oct-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: My Stance

(...) One person said that, but I'm not sure how serious they were. A couple of other people hinted at it. Two or three people (I think two) said that they would set up a killfile. (...) I don't think they meant it as a threat. I certainly didn't (...) (24 years ago, 23-Oct-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: My Stance

(...) As did I...I think a day or two earlier. I didn't remove all my posts but two or three that were particularly sour. It's interesting how quickly we (humans) can blow up, even when we don't want to. That's probably what I dislike most about (...) (24 years ago, 23-Oct-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: My Stance

(...) G'day Eric, I find it interesting that you call this elitist. In a way I guess I can see your point, but I personally don't see it as a bad thing. When I first got on LUGNET (start of this year) I thought that all people posting to LUGNET had (...) (24 years ago, 24-Oct-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: My Stance

(...) #15?.. Heh!..:-) Selçuk, #4 (...) (24 years ago, 25-Oct-00, to lugnet.admin.general)