 Administrative / General / 8160
Re: My Stance
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 23 Oct 2000 13:33:43 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Mike Stanley writes:

If, however, you (or anyone else) are suggesting (and I doubt you are) that
*I* ought not to judge people based on opinions they publicly espouse, then
I'd have to disagree with that.

So would I.  No one ever said you couldn't choose who to like and who not to
like.

Now given all that, am I personally glad that Matthew is gone?  You bet.  Does
at least a decent portion of that personal satisfaction have to do with the
fact that he offended the heck out of me for his opinions?  Sure does.  Am I
sorry or ashamed for feeling that way?  Nope.  And nobody else here would be
either -

Actually, if I felt that way, yeah, I would be ashamed of myself.

or do so many of you choose to associate with people you don't like
or who have opinions that offend you?

Just because he may have been here on Lugnet doesn't mean you *must* associate
with him.  Just because his opinions offended you, you shouldn't want to see
him gone.  Lugnet is a big place, and there's plenty of room for all types of
opinions.

Which is not to say that, in the final analysis, I don't think he should have
been ToSsed.  I just still don't think his opinions should have any bearing
whatsoever on the question, only his actions.

eric