 Administrative / General / 8174
Re: My Stance
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 24 Oct 2000 01:07:50 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Eric Kingsley writes:

My being member #15 or member #2015 or not a paying member at all has nothing
to do with it.  In fact I try to avoid posting my member # because I find it
elitest and I don't see the value add of doing so.  Anyway I know what the

G'day Eric,

I find it interesting that you call this elitist.  In a way I
guess I can see your point, but I personally don't see it
as a bad thing.  When I first got on LUGNET (start of this
year) I thought that all people posting to LUGNET had to be
members.  Eventually I found out that wasn't true of course.
But I find it useful in the marketplace groups to indicate
that I am a member of LUGNET in my posts.  Because I know
some people just pop in and post things from time to time,
and they aren't a "regular" here.  Saying your a member helps
add a little bit of comfort level (for the reader) to a
marketplace post, IMO.

It just sort of stuck and now I post it in all my messages.
I especially use it in off-LUGNET posts/email involving
LEGO (usually marketplace activity).

Wow, #15..., you're *OLD*  :]

KDJ
Kyle D. Jackson, LUGNETer #203, Canada