 Administrative / General / 8157
Re: My Stance
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 23 Oct 2000 11:50:34 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Eric Joslin writes:

The only thing that got me really riled in the whole situation is people's
obsession with making his *viewpoints* a reason to ToSs him, which I strongly
disagree about.

I agree. However...

I think that there were people who felt that way initially, but that many, if
not all, have come around to reject that view. And that's a good thing. For
the few remaining, can you identify yourselves and post reasons why we need to
judge opinions and not behaviour?

I just wanted to add that I agree with Eric J. once again.  I know I and a few
others were playing a bit of devils advocate durring this discussion.  Thats
mostly because I thought several peoples reasoning for banishment were
misguided.

There was one other thing that bothered me durring the discussion however and
that is the fact that it seems some people decided to tell Todd privately that
if Matthew was not banished that they would leave.  Because this was done
privately I can't quote word for word but it all sounds like threats to me and
we don't need that here.  I still feel that some people need to learn how to
disagree (politely of course).  We are not all going to agree all the time and
trying to force a viewpoint with threats of any kind is not the right way to go
about it.  Sometimes you just have to agree to disagree and be done with it.

Finally I would like to say that I am not in any way sad to see Matthew go.  I
just wanted to try and do my part to ensure that he was banished for the right
reasons.

Eric Kingsley

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/